Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It is beginning...

So I went and got a new pair of shoes today. Nice dress shoes for my interview on Thursday. Probably the most expensive pair of shoes that I will own.

Well, because of that, there was also a "buy one get one half off" sale going on at Shoe Carnival, so I figured I would buy myself another pair, as well, since the original pair (dress shoes) were already discounted heavily.

So, what kind of shoes did you get, you might ask?

Well...

I just tried them on kind of as a joke, but then they turned out to be really comfortable, and with the 1/2 off thing they turned out to be pretty cheap too. Win win. Plus hipster shoes.

A few days ago it was really foggy outside, so I took my camera outside with my brother's laser pointer and we messed around a bit. This was actually a really fast exposure with a low ISO, even (around 400 or so). Turned out pretty good.

Ok, now some engineering stuff.

Today in mechatronics lab we did some protoboard stuff, using NAND and NOT gates and such. It is kind of tough to visualize sometimes what we are doing on paper, and this really helped with it.

Here's a picture of one of our setups:




Lots of colors, but if I looked close enough (and had the chart that told us what was in each ship) I could tell you what that circuit did.

This next one is just a counter. It counts to 7 in binary with lights then resets. Pretty cool:
All of this is just skimming the surface of what you can do with circuits. Hell, my computer that I'm typing this on is millions of times more complex than that was, and I had trouble with it.

It just goes to show that there is so much more that I can learn.

I completed my collection of the CD's by "The National" today. Lots more music to listen to! Woo hoo! Also cheap because they are pretty old (2001-2004 or so).

That's pretty much it for tonight. I finished a lot of my homework today, so I'm proud of myself for that.

Later,

Kevin

TV: Archer
Movie: nada
Music: The National
Game: Rayman Origins
Food: Smartfood Popcorn!


No comments:

Post a Comment