Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Madness of Swimming

Well, I am back from Florida, settled in in my apartment in Valpo.

Florida was a really fun experience, albeit tough, painful, and cold. One of the days that we were there it was 44 degrees F, and we had to swim outside. Chilly.

Here's the pool that we swam at. 50 meter, 8 lanes, actually fairly warm for intense swimming in. 


On one of the days we actually went to the beach. Imagine that! Being in Florida and only going to the beach once. 





We were training at a gym called the "Institute of Human Performance" or "IHP." It's a really nice facility that trains everyone from UFC fighters to professional Baseball players.

 Speaking of Professional Baseball players, here's a completely different Maserati from the last one, yet still at the same place. I found out that the one in my last post belonged to the catcher for non other than the Colorado Rockies! Really cool.


This was at our hotel. I just thought that it was cool.


Now I'm back in Valpo, getting ready for classes to start tomorrow. I wish that break was a few days/weeks longer, but whatever.

Mainly because I want to play Skyrim... Fantastic game. I can see all of the work that went into it, from the faces and bodies of the people to the little pieces of grass and plants, to insects on the ground and rabbits running around. It sometimes gives me goosebumps when I get to a really awesome part. And that bodes well for a game.

I'll probably review it more when I have more than 5 hours of play on it.

I have a couple more classes this semester than I did last semester, so I'll have to deal with that as well as having swimming until February.

Classes:

















































Should be interesting. I have heard that some of these classes are kind of fun.

So that is all for now. I'll probably post more later, but now I'm tired and have class at 8:00 am tomorrow. Lovely...

Kevin

TV: Archer
Movie: City of Ember
Game: Skyrim
Music: Coldplay
Food: My meal card didn't work today...
Book: Barsoom Series

No comments:

Post a Comment