Sunday, February 17, 2013

ART 163: Surrealism

Yet another assignment post. I promise that I'll get something meaningful at some point here.

Our next assignment was to do something surreal. Now I'm not really sure what that means, so I basically went out with my Girlfriend, Brother, and Brother's Girlfriend to do some light painting. I feel that it is something out of place within an ordinarily plain scene (such as a landscape, as you shall see).

Also, this is going to be another one of those maddeningly long posts with pictures everywhere that don't have any rhyme or reason to their placement.

First off, the 4 images that I think are the best:
 As seems to be my thing, I went back to the Indiana Dunes late at night. However, this time it was RIDICULOUSLY windy and cold, so I didn't stay out there for a super long time.
This shot is probably the most abstract of the lot, almost like Light Graffiti. I like it (and it's also my new cover photo on el facebook)

 This one I also really like. Something about spinning and movement around a stationary object in a forest conjures up, to me, images from mythology about Will-o-Whisps that would lure unwary travelers to their demise. I love how the green vapor showed up in this one too, from the green glowstick.

I went to Target today to get Ice Cream (oddly enough) and ended up with Glowsticks.





 This next shot is another one that I am not too sure about, though I really like the light pattern created on the road, and the sense of movement from my brother, who is the one spinning around.
 This one above here is probably the most surreal, in that there is someone standing there, yet there is the odd colors flying by, and there is the subtle shadow cast by me. Now you have to realize that when I was framing the picture I couldn't see that shadow whatsoever, and it was only through my Camera at ISO 1600 with a 20 second exposure that I was even able to see it. Eerie.

This one is probably one of my favorites, after the first one featured. I really like the sky offset by the beach and the fractal form.

Anyways, now here is a huge image dump...














I'm sure that I could have something to say about all of these pictures, but I don;t really feel like it at the moment, as it is 2:20 am and I really should go to bed.


These last two pictures are just setting up pictures before doing anything. Look, Stars!

Now I'm going to bed,

Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment