Wednesday, May 16, 2012

And now I am homeless...

At least for a few days. I can't move into my summer housing until the 21st of May, so I am crashing on the floor of one of my friends houses for 5 days. That'll be... interesting. I foresee lots of time just kind of hanging out at the Student Union on campus (since I can get internet) and roaming around with my camera.

Sorry, no pictures this time, as my desktop is all packed up, and I don;t want to get out my backup harddrive to post a couple pictures.

The last few days has been consistent of way too much moving and packing and getting freshmen's stuff and packing my storage unit and unpacking it and repacking it so that more stuff will fit. I think that everything that needs to be is in my storage unit now, though.

As seems the norm, I still don't feel like it is summer. Still being on campus doesn't help, either. I am kind of... sad, even that the semester is over, if only because I will miss the people who are usually here, and I will miss the hubbub of campus life. I also am kind of nervous about actually living on my own this summer, and working full time at an actual job, not just doing research (like I did last summer). I'm also not looking forward to the next few days, as I am basically a displaced person, and I will literally have nothing to do. Thank goodness I get to work for 4 hours tomorrow, at least. I'll probably go try to find an interesting place in town to take pictures (though that'll be a stretch, Valpo is boring as hell).

Now I am sitting in the Union Cafe eating a sandwich and typing away on my netbook. Campus seems too... quiet. It kind of reminds me of last summer, when I was stuck here as well. I am kind of regretting staying here for the summer, but I guess that I've got to do what I've got to do, employment wise. I am going to be getting paid pretty well here, and it'll be a great boost to my resume. It just means that I am away from Colorado again.

I don't think that I would want to work here, at least not in Indiana or Illinois. They are too boring for my taste. I want Mountains and plains and grand landscape, none of which is featured here. For someone who lived his entire life before college in view of some mountains (Cascades or Rockies), it is still disconcerting to not have that comforting presence there, always telling you which way is west.

This post is turning out to be longer than I anticipated, lots of words, and no pictures. I think that is boring, so I guess I'll try to scrounge up a picture or two:


If you know me, you will have seen these before, but I don't think that I have posted them here before. Therefore, here you go. I am particularly proud of the bokeh on this picture.

And that's all, I think. I will be working a lot this summer, so don;t expect too much from me. 

Oh, one last thing: My roommate and I are looking to make a couple short films this summer with out DSLR's movie modes, and if any of you have some ideas, let me know.

Later,

Kevin

TV: Top Gear
Movie: Nada
Game: Minecraft
Music: Gotye
Food: sammich

No comments:

Post a Comment