Saturday, June 23, 2012

After Dark

Well, almost after dark.

It's the weekend again, and that means I have time to go out and take pictures again! I just got a new monopod for my camera, plus a new lens hood for my 80-200mm, so I'll go out and test how those perform in the next couple days.

I took one of my roommates up to the train station near the Dunes yesterday, so I decided to head over there and see what I could get.



 These two pictures were taken about 30 seconds apart (above/below), so you can really see how fast the light was going away. I was going to try to play with the composition a bit, but the sun didn't really let me.
 On this one below I was trying for a wider-angle feel. I don't know how well it worked, but I kind of like it.





And also some flowers. The top one from outside my office (I actually took the picture through the window), and the bottom one in my backyard.

I was surprised at the incredible bokeh on this bottom one. Well done lens, though it is a bit soft in other places, too.


Those were my pictures from yesterday. I'll see if I can find someplace to go today.

That's all for now,

Kevin


TV: Big Bang Theory
Movie: Still nada
Game: Minecraft (like usual)
Music: The National
Food: Not enough of it, really...

No comments:

Post a Comment