Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lake Service

Hello all.

So I finally got a near-pro grade lens in the form of a Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D telephoto lens. It will be SO much better than my old kit lens (which I actually just sold) for doing sports photography, and just for getting shots that need a bit more reach than my 50mm lens.

So I went out today to one of the parks in Valparaiso and took some pictures!

Anyways, here are all of the best shots that I got (with a little commentary):

 This one was actually the first picture that I ever took with my new lens. I think that it came out pretty good.

 Little bird on the railing of this really nice bridge ( next pic). I think that the Bokeh on this one is phenomenal!
The nice bridge from across the lake. 
 This was taken basically at the exact same place where that bird was, just looking down off the bridge.
 Little bird hopping around the tree.
 There were a lot of lily pads in these lakes. We don;t really have them in Colorado, so it was exciting for me, even if it might be boring for some people. I really like their little while flowers, though it was tough to expose for the bright flower and the darker pads. I think that this one turned out all right, though.

 There were quite a few people out fishing on the lake.

There was also what looked like a cub scout/boy scout boat race going on, so I snapped a few quick shots while they were racing.


 The guys in the boat on the left won, I think.



 Southwest Flight.
 Family fishing. I took this shot from my hip without even looking through the viewfinder, but I think it turned out all right.
 The little bit of color amidst all the green sort of caught my eye.
 Same people fishing. I'm not sure which shot I like better, the last one, or this one.


 There were a bunch of paddleboats out and about on the lake too. That is something fun.

This guy actually caught a pretty large fish, I was surprised when he landed it right as I walked by. So I snapped a few quick shots before continuing walking.


Something funny about these is that the girls were actually paddling the direction that they were facing, instead of the way you are supposed to. 
I really like how this came out, and I think it is the best of the bunch. I managed to get the boat almost perfectly in focus, and I like the little bit iof blue from her shirt.

And that is basically it. It started raining really hard after this last shot, so I had to high-tail it out of there.

I might go out again later today or something, who knows.

Until then, preow

Kevin

TV: Smash
Movie: Nada
Game: Minecraft
Music: The Lumineers
Food: Subway

No comments:

Post a Comment