Thursday, June 28, 2012

Severe Weather Alert

 Quick post before I head to bed.

I went out shooting with one of my friends because, as the title indicates, we had a severe weather alert for thunderstorms and golf-ball sized hail. Well we didn't get any of that, but it was still fun going out and doing my first real long exposure photoshoot.

 First good shot was basically at sunset over the Engineering building at my School. I should hsve done some sort of HDR effect, but I was running out of time because of the massive storm that was right above me.



 So later, after I went back home really quick and grabbed my tripod, we attempted to get some of the lightning, but we were a bit too late (by about 10 minutes or so) to really get any super good shots. It also would have been better to have a wider angle lens than the 35mm that I was using, because it seemed that wherever I was pointed in the sky, the lightning would happen somewhere else. We will try again later, though.
 After it was dark we decided to go out to the Universities welcome sign to maybe try to catch some of the last lightning shots (which we didn't) but my friend had the idea to try to spell out "VALPO" on shadows on the sign. We got past V, A, and L, but he couldn't figure out how to get a P easily (since he had surgery a while ago and he couldn't quite move his shoulder that way). But here's a V.


After that I did a couple experiments with car light trails. I really like this first one because of the Semi truck that went by, leaving the higher up tail light trails. I might go somewhere else (try to get a bit higher up) and try again sometime.

And that's all for tonight. I am going to Summerfest in Milwaukee in Saturday, so I might take my camera and try to get some pictures there. But then again maybe I wont want to lug around my DSLR in the 100 degree heat. I'll decide later.

And that's all for tonight, as I've got work in the morning.

Later,

Kevin

TV: Big Bang Theory
Movie: The Avengers
Game: Rayman Forever
Music: Halo: Reach OST
Food: Subway Steak and Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment