Friday, June 29, 2012

Yet more Severe Weather!

So I was let out of work 2 hours early today because there was a HUGE storm (nickel sized hail) and it knocked out the power to the whole area. So we all sat in the dark for about an hour before my boss called it a day.

I got a couple pictures of the clouds right before it started rain/hail/gale-force wind-ing. These were just exported straight out of Photomechanic, instead of being run through Photoshop to boost the colors a bit (since I'm on my netbook right now, instead of my desktop)

   



                                                                                           
       And one of my co-workers looking at the emergency light right by my desk. We were talking for like an hour (like I said earlier) until my boss finally called NIPSCO (Power company) and they said that the power wouldn't be on for a while (apparently the huge power station had an issue because of lightning or something) so my boss let us go. 


The 4 mile drive from work to home was very hectic, because apparently people don;t know that when the power is out, a stoplight works as a 4-way stop sign. So there was a 3 car accident on one of the big intersections, which made it take a little longer for me to get home.


Oh well. At least the temperature is down again. It was 103F here yesterday before the huge storms that I wrote about in my last blog. And now its around 68 or so. So I would say that its a win.





And that's all for now. Apparently we might have another storm tonight too.

Later,

Kevin

TV: Olympic Swimming Trials
Movie: Nada
Game: Rayman Forever
Music: Inception OST
Food: Oreos and Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment