Sunday, June 17, 2012

Beach Service

I went out again today to take pictures with my great new lens. Very enjoyable experience, especially having the fixed aperture, so that I can get shots with a pretty nice Bokeh even when I am all the way zoomed in.

So today I went up to the Indiana Lakeshore state park on Lake Michigan. It was a really nice day so there were a TON of people there, but I think I was still able to get some good shots:

 I love that I could get Chicago pretty clearly even at this distance. Also Jet Skis.

 Tons of people at the beach, so I'll just leave these pictures below without too much description


 Little pictures. I think that they came out pretty good, though.


 Sand Volleyball.



 Stairs going up to an observation point. I took this shot from my hip without the viewfinder. I think it turned out all right.


 And last but not least, two pictures of an extremely photogenic Seagull!

 I like this one above, since the seagull is in near-perfect focus, but you can still see people behind it and the sand in front of it.
 And lastly, very colorful flight.

Also I find it ironic that even though I went to take pictures of Chicago, the two best pictures I got were of a bird... heh.

All in all, I am supremely pleased with my new Lens, and definitely think that it was a very good purchase.

That's all for now. I'll have some Lego pictures up sometime later today or tomorrow, as I spent about 3 hours yesterday building something.

Pip pip, cheerio!

Kevin


TV: Smash
Movie: Nada
Game: Minecraft, Sins of a Solar Empire
Music: The Lumineers
Food: Garlic Chicken (which I am going to make tonight).

No comments:

Post a Comment