Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Slightly chilly

So it seems that winter is finally upon us. It snowed a little bit last night, but not too much. It has just been really icy here.

I got to hang out with some of my high school friends for most of the day, working on my collaborative castle project with one of them. Here is another sample image with some stuff you can see in the background:
We are still working on the landscaping, so no buildings have gone up yet.


After that, I went down to Denver with some of my friends that I used to swim with at Loveland Swim Club. It was really nice to reminisce with them about the times that we had in high school, and now we are all so far removed from it. Only a few of us still swim competitively, and it was really cool to hear how the other people are using their time. I always wonder what it would be like to not have to swim every day. To actually be able to have the time I need to get all of my homework done well and understand all of the material, instead of being rushed and exhausted every time I need to do it. It was good to see them, though, but it also made me miss my new swimmer friends from college.

I have been having a really good time taking pictures with my camera. Figuring out how the lighting affects it and how to compensate for different things, and how to get it to focus exactly where I want it to. I love the precision and quality of the DSLR, and I'm probably never going back to a point-and-shoot again.
Speaking of pictures, here's another random picture of a cat:

Lucy this time, in her hiding spot behind the Christmas tree.

That's basically been my day.

TV: Cowboy Bebop
Music: Cowboy Bebop OST
Movie: Castle in the Sky
Food: Italian

Until next time,

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment