Friday, December 23, 2011

Two for the price of one!

Yeah, its nothing really exciting, just that this is my second post of the day.

After I posted this morning, my brother and I shoveled the driveway, something that I haven't done in a while, living in an apartment on a college campus. It was actually kind of enjoyable.

Once that was done I played some minecraft for a while. Working on making an underground mob trap, so I am now playing on normal difficulty rather than peaceful.

That was some time in the afternoon, then around when it got dark I went swimming with one of my friends at the CSU Rec center. Quite interesting pool. 4 lanes of lap lanes, and a lazy river, hot tub, water volleyball net area, and even a climbing wall.

The climbing wall and the volleyball area are over to the right out of the frame.

It's ok for a rec center pool, but what my friend told me was that it used to be a 10 lane 25 yard competition pool, but then they tore it up (spending a ton of money to do it) and ruined it with all of the other junk in there. The whole rec center is only a few years old, so they very recently built it as a 10 lane pool, then wrecked it and spent even more money to make it useless. I don't understand some people and how they manage money (e.g. Valpo.)

Anyways, I managed to do around 3000 yards before we got kicked out because the pool was closing (earlier than the sign said, for some reason). Here's my practice:

400 Swim
300 Pull
200 Kick
100 swim
12x 75 Kick, Drill, Swim x25 IM order,
100 easy
5x100's "fast" (so harder than "easy")
500 warm down.

Not too bad normally, but I am still feeling it as I'm writing this 3 hours later. The pool was pretty warm (81 or 82 degrees F).

Also, I am definitely feeling the altitude when I swim. That makes it way harder than swimming at sea level, and anyone who has swam at altitude will attest to that.

I had a good chat with my friend on the way back from the pool, about classes and computers and stuff. Then got back, showered (I forgot shampoo at home), and had some food. Watched a couple episodes of Top Gear, played some ping pong with my brother, and now here I am. So there you have it.

TV: Top Gear Series 13
Movie: nada
Game: Minecraft
Food: Hamburgers

Buy one get one free!

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment